Despite the reluctance by some organization to include email marketing in their yearly marketing efforts three things are certain.
- It offers a high return on investment.
- Email marketing is an easy way to increase traffic to your website.
- It’s an effective way to stay in contact with past clients.
But what is it exactly?
- Sending emails designed to encourage customer loyalty and enhance the customer relationship
- Sending direct promotional emails to try and acquire new customers or persuade existing customers to buy again
- Placing your marketing messages or advertisements in emails sent by other people
How is it used?
Think email marketing as the electronic equivalent of these three main forms of traditional marketing:
- Direct mail
- Sending people a print newsletter
- Placing advertisements in subscription magazines and newspapers
Email marketing is not a substitute for these activities but a compliment.
View statistics about email marketing